Monday, April 19, 2010

a warm welcome please

Say hello to the succulents. These are just a few of my latest favorites among the garden. Do stay tuned to meet the big cheese (it's my pride and joy).

F L O R A   B I R D B A T H  /
A light purple, fuchsia tipped succulent surrounded by dangling beads, light sage fellows and deep purple-green flowery guys planted in a recycled birdbath (psst: great drainage without having to drill a hole). I chose many of the plants in this piece for their floral shape. The colors play nicely together, especially joined by rich, multicolored pebbles.


W I L D   O N E  /
It's got a mind of its own. In one of my favorite crackled pots (via Anthropologie), loads of dangling beads, dayglo pink flowers, prehistoric-looking spiky fellows (thanks Torrie!), kelp-like, sky reachers, and leopard spotted leafs just plucked from Green Gardens, this one is absolutely wacky. And I love it.





R A B B I T   P A R A D I S E  /

This guy lives in an elegant, slender terracotta pot (Green Gardens is clearly after my heart). Loads of leafy greens and strung peas with a seafoam green and purple cabbage-like gal in the front are just a few of my favorite things in this crowd of succulents. It has been growing outside for a few months and is blooming beautifully. I like to think it looks like a vegetable garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment