Monday, May 3, 2010

succulent scavenging

Inspired by the gorgeous beachy weather, the Succulent Sister team manned the bikes and took to the streets in search of succulents. We spotted lovely specimens from the Athenaeum to WindanSea and everywhere in between. Here are our findings...

Found these fab dudes on Girard in front of Warwicks. Really, really striking mix of colors. (By the way, there was some trash in one of the containers and it made me think - how could someone throw trash on a succulent?!) Anyways, the gardens were designed by a local guy, Lance Greer. Very cool, Lance.

Walking by the Athenaeum, I saw succulents I have never seen before (again!) and had to take a few shots. The neon green floral fellows were my favorite.

We swung by one of our favorite places to scope out succulents. I most definitely cannot divulge the location - I've been sworn to secrecy, really - but it's a fun place to happen upon. And I hope you do. If you look closely, through the weeds and the grasses, you'll find them in there.


We took the long way home along the ocean, spotting lots of homes with succulents. I loved this place - a red painted door paired with this sweet little planter spilling over with purple, blushing succulents.

Go succulent scavenging, friends! Take your bikes out and take them for a spin around the neighborhood - you'll be surprised by how many you start to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment